Database Help

General discussion of anything. Discuss a topic in and out of IntegraMOD

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Database Help

PostAuthor: speedjunkie » Tue May 23, 2006 8:04 am

I'm trying to create a db in ms access (user's choice, not mine) for a local motorcycle race club (non-profit - ie., im not a company trying to make money, just a member trying to help out).

They need a DB that will keep track of riders, what bike they're on, and most importantly, what classes they're racing and on what round.

There are 5 Rounds in the season. Each Round has 1 or more Races, which is made up of 1 or sometimes 2 classes (class = type of motorcycle, ie. 600, 125, Open, Vintage, etc). Every Rider has to race in a min of 1 class but can be in several.

At each Round, the track staff want to know which rider has registered for which class, the type of bike they're on (make,model,year,etc), and if that rider is of 'pro' or 'am' status.

This information will be used to form the starting grids on Sunday's races. I.e., query all pro riders in 'open' class, or all riders (am or pro) in 125.

And at the next round, the staff should be able to recall the same user information (from previous round) and re-enter the classes the user will race this round (it could be different, depending on the bike the rider brought).

It really just needs to be a simple 1 page form that they can input all the rider info and select any number of clasess via checkbox (one rider to multiple classes). For example, I show up at the track's registry booth and they either enter my info or call it up if I'm already in the DB. Then they check the classes I'll be running this weekend, I give them my money (not part of the DB) and they move on to the next guy in line.

I can provide sample db if someone is willing to take the time to work this out with me. It's greatly appreciated and you'll be helping a lot of people at the track :lol: )
[hr:3v1nmvx0]
[size=99px][/size]
Last edited by speedjunkie on Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speedjunkie

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Return to General Discussion