Cracker tracker blocking knowledge base

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Cracker tracker blocking knowledge base

PostAuthor: inferno » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:36 pm

Alright ill make sure i include as much detail on this as i can ill start from the beginning.

Had to do a reinstall did that added the blank template mod with no problem started adding knowledge base topics then stopped for the night came on again the next day and had this error on line 675 fixed that and now cracker tracker seems to be blocking me again saying its detected a worm and so on..

I activated debug mode and filled in the lines of code like it said and am still getting that error ill include the code unless i had to do somthing that it did not show me.

Code: Select all
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Script-Filename]------------------------------------------#/forum/kb.php  ##-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------#include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);  ##-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------#define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'MEDIUM');$ct_ignorepvar = array('article_name');  ##-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------## EoM  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Script-Filename: /forum/kb.php----------------  Attack-Time: 29.11.2008 15:34 pm------------  Request-Method: POST  Matching rule: and In variable:   article_name  Possible solution:------------------  ##-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------#/forum/kb.php  ##-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------#include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);  ##-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------#define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'MEDIUM');$ct_ignorepvar = array('article_name');  ##-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------## EoM  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Script-Filename: /forum/index.php----------------  Attack-Time: 29.11.2008 15:41 pm------------  Request-Method: GET  Possible solution:------------------  ##-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------#/forum/index.php  ##-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------#include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);  ##-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------#define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'MEDIUM');$ct_ignoregvar = array('');  ##-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------## EoM  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Script-Filename: /forum/index.php----------------  Attack-Time: 29.11.2008 15:45 pm------------  Request-Method: GET  Possible solution:------------------  ##-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------#/forum/index.php  ##-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------#include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);  ##-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------#define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'MEDIUM');$ct_ignoregvar = array('');  ##-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------## EoM  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Script-Filename: /forum/memberlist.php----------------  Attack-Time: 29.11.2008 15:53 pm------------  Request-Method: GET  Possible solution:------------------  ##-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------#/forum/memberlist.php  ##-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------#include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);  ##-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------#define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'MEDIUM');$ct_ignoregvar = array('');  ##-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------## EoM  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Script-Filename: /forum/kb.php----------------  Attack-Time: 29.11.2008 17:12 pm------------  Request-Method: POST  Matching rule: and In variable:   article_name  Possible solution:------------------  ##-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------#/forum/kb.php  ##-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------#include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);  ##-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------#define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'MEDIUM');$ct_ignorepvar = array('article_name');  ##-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------## EoM  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Script-Filename: /forum/kb.php----------------  Attack-Time: 29.11.2008 17:21 pm------------  Request-Method: POST  Matching rule: and In variable:   article_name  Possible solution:------------------  ##-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------#/forum/kb.php  ##-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------#include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);  ##-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------#define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'MEDIUM');$ct_ignorepvar = array('article_name');  ##-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------## EoM

I await your reply

PS i also did use the search function on the forum and can never seem to find the answer at least for me.

inferno

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Cracker tracker blocking knowledge base

PostAuthor: Teelk » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:01 pm

Hey inferno,

If you're having a problem unblocking a particular page, you can set the security level to LOW.

Change
define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'MEDIUM');

to

define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'LOW');
on every page you're having an issue with.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: inferno » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:44 am

but wouldn't that be compromising security ??

inferno

PostAuthor: Helter » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:16 am

there is a fine line between secure and unusable. For 99% of hack scripts available on the web LOW is fine. Always try MEDIUM first, but if it still wont allow you to make your edits, use LOW. If your concerned about it, you can replace LOW with MEDIUM after you finish your acp adjustments

You may have a problem though because it is giving you blank info for a few of your files like memberlist and index.php. do you have a link to the blank template mod?

If this is the same mod I used years ago with phpbb, i dont see the need for it because IMPortal allows you to do everything the blank template mod does.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: inferno » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:03 pm

Alright i changed those edits to low on all three files and same thing i'll keep trying.

I also noticed that the cback and php versions are outdate is there anyway to update these ?.

One last thing skelter mentioned importal being able to create blank template pages aswell just wondering how this can be done never heard of it or found it in the instructions.

inferno

Return to IntegraMOD 141