Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 414 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 413 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Registration error when trying to register for site

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Re: Registration error when trying to register for site

PostAuthor: Helter » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:01 am

I could not login to your ftp with the info you sent, however, I noticed that several of your file permissions (chmods) were incorrect. This will not allow profilcp to function correctly.

Upload and run this chmod script. It should solve your problem.
Be sure to remove it when your done
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:58 pm

yea I tired to install it but its asking for ftp info I think. Which I have because I use "Core FTP lite" and I can see all info with exception to password but I deleted that and put it in again and log in fine. But its not working outside of core. I tried calling my server providered but hes gone for Holiday. I will have to just wait.

Thanks very much for trying. Once I in cmod thing I just click "install" in borad nav menu and log on with ftp info, right?

Skell777
Members
Members

Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: Helter » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:09 pm

it is completely a stand alone script. the install button you see is only for a fist time install, and it links to your IM141 install script after the chmods are done. For your situation, use the "After-install Chmod" link, then check the results on the left side of the screen.
If they all say "OK" then the script was successful. If you have changed the name of your "backups" folder, (which you should do for security) then you will get a message "File doesn't seem to exist". You can ignore this message for the backup folder. If any other error messages, post them here.
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:03 pm

I will most likly get new FTP info on Monday so i will try it then. My moded qbar on site has disapeared. It there a way to get it back or is it gone? Not really a big deal I guess just have to create again. I put old profilecp back but still seems to be new qbar

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:36 am

Ok all ther permissions are now correct. However Registration is still not working. The error says something about user table, could that file be corrupt? Im stil trying to get ftp info for you to take a closer look but he keep forgetting to get it for me. So I will keep reminding him...

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Helter » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:25 am

I would just be guessing without looking at the files, but since you dont have ftp, your probably not editing the files, so i would guess a corrupted cache file
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm

I do have FTP. I use core lite ftp program on my laptop. Information is already saved on it. I can log into my data base and edit files ect. Ive been doing it for years. Adding Picture insted of posting on filefront or photobucket. Adding html pages that I can link to from my site in qbar, ect. It was my server provider that made corrections to permissions. But for some reason when I try to give out my FTP log in imformation or try to log on from my other pc it will not allow me. So Im trying to get another account to ftp made from my server provider. But like i said site worked fine for about 2 years. Then my server provider needed to swap all his site's IP address to another address. Like hundreds of site's. Mine was among them and was only linex server. All the rest are windows. So it seems like from that point Registration has started to error out. It is possible that it could of been me as well. But I havnt really made changes to much. Site was running fine. If its not broke i dont try to fix it. =)

Is there a way to fix this cache problem you think it is? I'll do anything. I start dont really want to have to build a whole new site. As you know it takes a lot of work making all changes. I will work on getting a new ftp log in account sraight from my server provider so it will work and PM you it.

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Ok I have new ftp account. I downloaded a fresh copy of core lite ftp onto my desktop computer and tried it. It works fine. I PMed info to you helter. If yours still offering to take a look. Im desperate. Thanks you for all your time you spent helping me try to fix this.

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Helter » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:28 pm

at first glance I see many folders owned by root. These are not editable by the forum unless you run the forum as root (NOT advisable)
Ill rebuild your forum in a subfolder and keep you posted
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to IntegraMOD 141