[solved] Static pages in IP Portal

Support for the IM Portal Project

Moderator: Integra Moderator

[solved] Static pages in IP Portal

PostAuthor: Coder » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:29 am

I have recently downloaded IMPortal and have spent the past two days going over it's intricacies. Consequently, I've spent quite a bit of time at this site, searching through the forums! I've run into one problem that I can't find an answer too, despite searching almost every thread in here, so I hope someone will have a suggestion!

(My forum is not yet public, so I can't link you to it yet.)

I have PHPBB 2.0.22 installed and working. I have already installed IMPortal and that is also working well. Where my problem comes is in displaying several dozen static pages within the portal in the form of a block. The ideal would be to have a single block passed a parameter by the menu and then display the appropriate file.

Are there any such "dynamic" blocks??

I will need to create the menus for the whole thing, I'd much prefer not to have to convert each external page into a block and create a whole portal page just to display each one!

Edit: Figured this one out - basically you create new blocks using PHP and use those to call the external files as includes. I do this by calling the same file over and over, but setting a GET with each call from the menu. The working code looks like this:
Code: Select all
 <tr>    <td>      <span>       <PHP>      </span>    </td>  </tr>  
A simple enough .script, and the corresponding menu entry would be morefiles.php?myfile=myfile001

Hope that helps someone else ^.^
Last edited by Coder on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coder

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Return to IM Portal Support Forum