Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 318 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 315 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

A Rediculous Question

Any topics related to phpBB (non-IntegraMOD related)

Moderator: Integra Moderator

A Rediculous Question

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Now this is going to sounds real stupid but here goes.

Every day that slips by, I find myself knowing less and less about phpBB2 now days. However, css is css no matter how you look at it and what version you are doing it for.

Here is the issue. I am trying to set the width of a template on a phpBB2 system so I can integrate it into a website that already exists. I want it to look seamless just like it does in Integramod or IM Portal.

In the bodyline of the overallheader.tpl I have attempted to set the width to 900px and it will not take. I am guessing I am missing a small edit somewhere. I know content defaults to 100% width of it's wrapper. At this point in time that is not an option. Right now I have the forum set on a link as target=_blank so it opens on a new page. I fully intend as I said to make it look the same no matter what page I am on.

Here is the site.

http://rbdesigns.thunderva.com

This is the site I asked for permission to use the images from the dark blue template. This site is cheesy I know, but it is for school and I can only do what they tell me I can do. It is small baby steps per week. The whole site is hand coded besides the forum obviously.

Can anyone lend a hand on the body width before I yank my hair out? Once I get the width issue figured out, I can integrate it into the main site and get rid of the target=_blank links.

Thanks in advance either way.

Ray
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: A Rediculous Question

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Solved this one. Have it working on a local server am working on integrating it to my live site now.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Re: A Rediculous Question

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Pretty much got the site fixed up. Can't use it for school after all, but I am using it to learn new stuff on. Looks like IM Portal but is not. The forum is the only phpBB related thing on the site. I hand coded the rest of it.

http://rbdesigns.thunderva.com

MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Return to phpBB Related Topics