Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 318 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 315 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Database Transfer in Parts?

General discussion of anything. Discuss a topic in and out of IntegraMOD

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Database Transfer in Parts?

PostAuthor: tmotley » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:51 pm

Okay, I'm in the middle of transferring my sites to another server. They've all been transferred over and function as duplicate sites. However, they were initially copied over on Jan. 09, 2008.

Now that I'm OFFICIALLY transferring them over, there is one site that I'd like to update the database to account for new information posted/changed since Jan. 09.

I did a test. Here's what I did. Did a gzipped backup of my entire current site. Had another install of IM1.41 on the NEW server so I imported the database onto that database, dropping tables. Something caused the transfer to time out (large database?) so not all tables were transferred. I noted the non-transferred tables and made a gzipped backup of only those tables from my current site. I then imported THAT backup and it created and filled in the remaining tables.

I had to tweak some settings (since it was new domain name and subfolder name) but got it working.

QUESTION 1: Does transferring a database in chunks of tables cause issues?
QUESTION 2: Is there a way to just transfer the user data and posts? Will just transferring those things cause issues?
Last edited by tmotley on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmotley
IntegraMODerators
IntegraMODerators

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Database Transfer in Parts?

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:35 pm

In all honesty, I would just grab a download of the database that you wish to import, and use big dump and just upload a current database all at once.

May not be what your after but I found it to work great. I just imported a 46 meg database in less than 5 minutes and no time out errors at all. Now that I know how to use big dump, I'm never going to do it the old fashioned way ever again. Big Dump is the way to go IMO.
Last edited by MWE_001 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Re: Database Transfer in Parts?

PostAuthor: .QUACK.Major.Pain » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:57 pm

I am trying to import a database also and getting the timeout error.

I am attempting to use big dump, and seems to be going ok, but I get this error:

Error at the line 4310: /*!40101 SET SQL_MODE=@OLD_SQL_MODE */;

Query: /*!40101 SET SQL_MODE=@OLD_SQL_MODE */;

MySQL: Variable 'sql_mode' can't be set to the value of 'NULL'

Stopped on error

It looks like most of the database is there but not sure what the error may have left out.
If you need to know, I am importing to a blank/empty database.
Last edited by .QUACK.Major.Pain on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.QUACK.Major.Pain
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Return to General Discussion