PostAuthor: Cybox » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:56 pm

Your phpBB Version: 2.0.22
phpBB Type: Integramod 140
MODs: No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Board URL: http://www.talkparanormal.co.uk

PHP Version:
MySQL Version:

What was done before the problem appeared?
Not entirely sure when the problem occured

What was done to try to solve the problem?
Tried several times to install themes using the ACP eXtreme. Looked for errors in apache log files, checked some of the theme's tpl files, etc

De.scription and Message

Hi there I hope someone can help.

Bit of background..

I've had a problem with themes now for several months and been forced to stick fisubice as the default and forced style for users of my board.

When I was using 1.32 I had the SlateB2 theme which was ideal for my site. Upgraded to 1.40 and there were problems with SlateB2 due to new version and this was the stage I put fisubice as the default..

Recently applied all relevant updates to the site bringing it up to current version of phpBB and the security mod. When doing the updates, I went from 2.17 to 2.18 then to 2.19 manually editing the relevant files. All further updates from 2.20 to current I used the pre-modded files supplied with each update.

I downloaded and installed martial_IM_140 theme that I downloaded via a link on this site. Also tried several of the themes located in downloads section..

Now to my problem...

In user's profile the ability to select which theme you want to use has dissapeared. Instead.. I've change my theme for my account via ACP > Users > Manage to the installed theme martial. When I save and click on Forum Index I expect the theme to be active on the site as it used to work in the past.. However fisubice theme is still active.

I have disabled force global theme option in ACP and when I look in eXtreme Styles management I can see 1 user has martial as the selected theme.

Have I missed something with the updates, has anyone encountered this problem before, am I being stupid? Or do I have to restore my files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Last edited by Cybox on Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cybox

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Installed themes wont switch

PostAuthor: Teelk » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:36 pm

You've chosen IM 141 as your phpBB type. Did you mean 140?
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: Cybox » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:29 am

Yea 140 Sorry, I'm sure I selected that but no matter I've updated now.

Thanks!
Last edited by Cybox on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cybox

PostAuthor: Cybox » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:44 am

Does anyone have any idea about this issue?

Cybox

PostAuthor: tmotley » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:22 am

Have you tried changing styles with the Style Select block? If the style selection isn't visible within profile, it sounds like it's overriding user choice... which might explain why it's not changing your theme.

Did you check:
ACP
General Admin
Configuration +
Profile Options
Registration Information
On 'Board Style' set Override user choices to NO.

(If you don't see Board Style, you'll probably have to add it back in via PCP Wizard.)
Last edited by tmotley on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmotley
IntegraMODerators
IntegraMODerators

PostAuthor: IntegraMOD » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:04 pm

Why did you do the manual edits to 2.0.19? The only reason I am asking is that you might of missed something so if you have no extras installed it might be worth re-doing the premodded files from sctarch including the security updates in the correct order.

Also the premodded files contain fisubice template updates only not sure if these updates need to be applied to other templates.

Are you using the Style select Block as this seems to over ride any user setting for selecting a theme so it might also be worth disableing this block and clearing your cache and cookies and trying again.
Last edited by IntegraMOD on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not PM for support
IntegraMOD
Administrator
Administrator

Bank: 100.00

PostAuthor: Cybox » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:02 am

"tmotley";p="19426" wrote:Have you tried changing styles with the Style Select block? If the style selection isn't visible within profile, it sounds like it's overriding user choice... which might explain why it's not changing your theme.

Did you check:
ACP
General Admin
Configuration +
Profile Options
Registration Information
On 'Board Style' set Override user choices to NO.

(If you don't see Board Style, you'll probably have to add it back in via PCP Wizard.)

Hi.. When I try use anything in the styles block in ACP it tells me that styles are controlled by Extreme Styles it gives me option to go to that menu! I've Set the above option to No as this was still at yes. So now Configuration and Configuration + both have Override set to No.

Still no theme select tab in user profile. However in Configuration I changed the default site theme to one of the new ones.. and this seems to have changed the theme of the site...

Cybox

PostAuthor: Cybox » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:09 am

"gffb";p="19431" wrote:Why did you do the manual edits to 2.0.19? The only reason I am asking is that you might of missed something so if you have no extras installed it might be worth re-doing the premodded files from sctarch including the security updates in the correct order.

Also the premodded files contain fisubice template updates only not sure if these updates need to be applied to other templates.

Are you using the Style select Block as this seems to over ride any user setting for selecting a theme so it might also be worth disableing this block and clearing your cache and cookies and trying again.

I did it manually form 2.0.17 to 2.0.19 as I just wanted to make sure that all files were as expected... Im 100% sure I didn't miss anything as it took me around 3 hours and every time I made a change I deleted the line from instructions..

The problems seemed to have originally started when I went from Integramod132 to 140, but that was only due to slateB2 not supporting 140 at that point. Somewhere along the lines from 132 to 140 to present it looks like I must have missed something at somepoint.

Quick question... would it be possible to install Integramod140 from scratch (default DB), install all updates to current versions following the update path, then once complete import my current DB into the fresh install..??

Obviously Id have to manually fix the problems like additional smilies not found or images uploaded etc, but this would be the easy part... Guess what Im asking is can I import my DB which is updated to latest versions into a fresh installed and updated Integramod?

I'll start the fresh install tonight in a subdomain but if anyone knows if this would work that'd be fantastic???

Thanks to both of your replies.. appreciated and just makes me realise even more jus thow Huge this project is!...

Cybox

PostAuthor: tmotley » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:11 am

I actually was talking about the Style Select block you can activate from IM Portal. (ACP, IM Portal, Blocks Management, IntegraMOD Default, click edit next to Style Select block, change Active? to yes, choose desired block position, Submit)

There is no Theme Select tab in a profile. Board style is a field within a profile page. Mine is accessed by going Profile, Profile tab, Registration Information. However, that field can be moved with PCP Wizard and I don't remember if I moved mine or not.
Last edited by tmotley on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmotley
IntegraMODerators
IntegraMODerators

Return to IntegraMOD 140