PostAuthor: genxweb » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:28 am

Your phpBB Version: 2.0.
phpBB Type: Integramod 140
MODs: No
Your knowledge: Beginner
Board URL: http://www.divepa.com

PHP Version:
MySQL Version:

What was done before the problem appeared?
Site was reinstalled

What was done to try to solve the problem?

De.scription and Message

My forum got hacked today due to the fact that i been waiting to upgrade to 1.4.1 due to the numerous issues and the fact it seems ahrder to do a upgrade then to do brain surgery while being blind.

So to fix this issue I downloaded all my backups, deleted the database and remade it with the same name, and reup a 1.40 fresh install. After the install I used 1) the restore db option. this restored part of the site but locked me out saying I have staff rights but I have not been given permission. 2) I used bigdump to import the sql after droping the table this imported more info but still did not restore the forums. At the current time I am trying one more time to recover this.

Any help on how to recover a site would greatly be aprreciated.
Last edited by genxweb on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

genxweb

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Backup file does not restore forums

PostAuthor: Helter » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:26 pm

in order to do this, you need to be sure that your new site is the same as your old one...
were you previously updated to phpbb security 1.0.3? you also have to save a copy of your original includes/phpbb_security.php. This file stores some of the security info, such as what you named your fields, "mods allowed" "admins allowed"

open your db and go to about the 8th page of phpbb_config
your entries will look something like this unless you renamed them

admins_allowed 2
mods_allowed 4
block_unwanted 1

now open includes/phpbb_security.php

find (if you left the names default)

Code: Select all
function phpBBSecurity_AdminConfigName()         {         return 'admins_allowed';         }             function phpBBSecurity_ModConfigName()         {         return 'mods_allowed';         }             function phpBBSecurity_UseSpecial()         {         return 'block_unwanted';         }                  

if you used the default settings at the time of your original install, your probably fine. If you changed the names, be sure that phpbb_security.php matches your db

edit* if your being blocked from the site still, make the admins_allowed number larger than the admins you have. You can change this from the acp later
Last edited by Helter on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

Return to IntegraMOD 140