Block Cache - Issue?

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Block Cache - Issue?

PostAuthor: Omni-Lee » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:45 pm

I've been making changes to various Blocks through Block Management and have noticed a peculiar problem. Or maybe its supposed to work this way...I don't know. But after I make a change to a Block, such as remove or edit the contents. I need to Delete the Cache for the changes to take affect on the appropriate page. I noticed this same issue with the Photo Album, to get Thumbnails to appear I had to do a Clear Cache before they started to work. This isn't a major issue, if it is even an issue. But if someone could give me some direction, I'd appreciate it.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Are Blocks supposed to work this way? I have verified my CHMOD on the cache files. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" - Macbeth ACT V, Scene V by William Shakespeare
Omni-Lee
Members
Members

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Block Cache - Issue?

PostAuthor: Helter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:10 pm

yes, many functions are cached to speed up page load times. If it were not so, a busy site would choke many servers and cause very long page load times. It is the same in IM3/Stargate Portal
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: Omni-Lee » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Can the Cache be automated in some manner? Sort of a Cache refresh upon hitting submit on any of the sections where a cache is utilized. Granted manually clearing a cache is not a big problem, if a problem at all.

Just a thought or suggestion.
"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" - Macbeth ACT V, Scene V by William Shakespeare
Omni-Lee
Members
Members

Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: Helter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 pm

I dont know if there is going to be another major rewrite of the IM14* line at this stage of its life due to the possibilities that phpBB3 brings to the table. IM3 is currently in open beta and most of the ppl I know of who are capable of what your asking are either working on it or one of its mods.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

Return to IntegraMOD 141