Registered users: Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

SMTP,Logo issue

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

SMTP,Logo issue

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:58 pm

URL: Kingdomclan.org
Version : 141

I have enabled SMTP in ACP/Configuration and also put in 3 different servers and username, PW's in the info box for SMTP. I believe I have all info correct in at least one of them, if not all of them. I tried comcast account from a previous site I own that is still up and SMTP works fine from that site. Any idea's? Mabey I missing a step. Error reads as followed

Can not connect to SMTP Host : 110 : Connection times out DEBUG MODE, Line 113, File : smtp :.php

Problem 2, Im trying to get Logo (or banner) centered at top of page. I have old copy from integramod 141 of Overall_Header that one of your admins edited for me couple of years ago to make this work. I put in in the template folder of the template Im using and it makes box larger at top but when I upload logo and select it in ACP/Configuration/Logo it will not appear, image remains broken. I took a look at .script but I do not know a tone about .scripting just the basics

I lost my old integramod site when it was hacked last time, been trying other software, make a long story I dislike other software and love Integramod. I may try to hook up with Helter (ask him)down road to ensure I dont get hacked and loose site again. Anyways thank you very much for your time and help, glad to be back with integramod.....

Skell777
Members
Members

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: Helter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:55 pm

If your positive your settings are correct for your smtp server, then it is probably your servers email settings. check that your smtp server is set to allow email from your user account and that there is not a low hourly limit. If you exceed the limit, you can get errors when replying to a thread you are watching, or that you have previously posted in because the forum will attempt to send you an email telling you of the post. You may have to contact your host and have them look into it.
Attachments
overall_header.zip
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

Re: SMTP,Logo issue

PostAuthor: Helter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:16 am

have you tried disabling smtp and using the default php mail?
Last edited by Helter on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:09 pm

yea I tried disable but it would not send the email confirmation to person to allow them to log into site.

I got a new SMTP account directly from a friend who owns a hosting company... he said there are no restriction on account, I logged into mail and looked at STMP logs after I put new info in ACP/Config and it shown no logs in mail server. I also tried removing user name and typing user name in few different ways. Users still get same error above when they register, account it made but no email sent to them to allow them to enable account and log in.....

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:41 pm

also your donwload for the overall zip files appears to be broken when I click on it a bunch of messed up .script shows, not promped for download?

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Helter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:14 pm

rebuilt the server a few weeks ago and updated all the software. I made some hasty code fixes for php5.5.4. You found a bug. thx. Should be fixed now
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Helter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:22 pm

are you using CPanel for your server account?
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:13 pm

cpanel for mail account or integramod, not sure what you mean. Is it possible SMTP .script got currupt in install

(side note) Not sure if AA skin for 141 link is broken from your new update or it was just taken down, dont have my heart set on it just noticed other day when I was practicing install templates that link was broken for dowload...

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Helter » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:16 pm

if your hosting account is CPanel, you should be able to use your cpanel username and password for you smtp username and password. Not your WHM acount but CPanel. AA should work now. looks like I corrupted a few file names in the dl section when I moved the site
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:56 am

Sorry helter not sure what you mean. I have learned a lot over last 6 years but do not know all server lingo. I used smtp info that was given to me by the company I'm paying to host my site site ground.com. This info was listed in my account settings. This is one of the 3 smtp accounts I've tried. I also tried one from my friend that's host servers and another smtp from my comcast main mail account which I use on other My other site DNN which I will be unplugging when I get integramod site going. Where can I find which panel hosting account I used?

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 am

Also every time I add reply to you on this site I get simalar error

Run
Into problems sending mail : response 535 : incorrect auth data DEBUG MODE, Line 130, File : smtp

Don't know if that's me or something on your site

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 pm

alright so I tried to change it so my Username and Email address setting was same in SMTP section in ACP/Config see if that fixed it, I noticed my email address was different, not sure it matters but I ran into another issue.

I did put on AA skin, when I applied that skin when people click register on site with AA skin an error comes up. The register page will not appear. Error reads as followed

template->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: profilecp/board_config_body2.tpl

Only happens on this AA template other with register works fine, I will change template back tomorrow and retry to register. If you have a fix for this AA template let me know you did a very nice job on making it Helter.

Do you play new AA Proving Ground? its very good

FYI: still get error on this site when I post, does everyone, it was not doing this week ago

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Helter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:23 am

the errors on this site are me trying to debug the smtp .script.

Found a few WHM settings you may want to check
WHM is the parent program to CPanel.
Under Server Configuration/Tweak Settings/Mail...
* Mail authentication via domain owner password = ON
* Restrict outgoing SMTP to root, exim, and mailman (FKA SMTP Tweak) = OFF
this is defaulted to OFF and should work fine that way, but if it is set to ON, you can change it and
see if it makes a difference.
For A_Army you can safely copy the file from Integra2/profilecp/ to A_Army/profilecp/

let me know if your still receiving the same error while posting here
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm

you lost me bud, What does WHM stand for, and is this file or cpanel Im looking for on integramod in like ACP?

Or is this on my hosting companys control panel?

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:49 pm

(error still on this site when posting)

Skell777
Members
Members