Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 232 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 231 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Upgrading from 1.41

Upgrading from 1.41

PostAuthor: Texas-Racer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:09 am

Hi everyone. New member, first post. I recently took over ownership of a forum and I am wondering about updating. I read in an earlier post that 1.4.1 currently is the most stable version? My forum is 1.4.1, so I am wondering if I should even update or leave it as is. Helterskelter, you are familiar with the site, you have helped the previous owner with some issues. Since you have been to my website and know a few things about it, what would you suggest that I do?
This is the website
http://www.mastiffonlinecommunity.net
My ears are open to all suggestions.

Texas-Racer

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Upgrading from 1.41

PostAuthor: Helter » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:42 am

If I remember correctly your site was suffering from heavy mysql usage and excessive queries but it was resolved with Stu's code?

If the site is running smoothly now your safe to leave it as is.

One suggestion though is to make a news or announcement forum that only the main admin account may post in. This should be your only forum viewable to guests. All other forums should require login to view posts. This will protect your member accounts from bot attacks.
This will of coarse kill your google rankings so you will need to decide on your priority. I have not heard of a single instance where a bot was successful at "brute forcing" a members password, however they really are frustrating for members who have to continually go through the captcha process to unlock their accounts.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

Re: Upgrading from 1.41

PostAuthor: Texas-Racer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:19 am

Thank you. Everything is running smoothly. I am actually the one that figured out and stopped the attacks (for now) one week, and so far so good. I posted what I did in the 1.4.1 forum if you want to read and share what I did with others that have the same problem.

Texas-Racer

Cash on hand: 0.00

Return to IntegraMOD3 General Discussion