Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 311 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 308 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

SMTP error

Support for the IM Portal Project

Moderator: Integra Moderator

SMTP error

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:40 am

Its been a few months, I have not had much time to fix this problem but I can still not get smtp to work on site. I currently have to activate their account manually which I do not always see them register.

I have punched in info for my Comcast account and my gmail account. I continue to get this error when someone try's to register (posted as attachment)
Attachments
smtp error.png
smtp error.png (247.46 KiB) Viewed 34804 times
Last edited by Skell777 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skell777
Members
Members

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: SMTP error

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 am

Alright I spent 2 days on tech support with my hosting company. Its been like punching myself in the face. When I discuss this with Helter a few months ago he suggested I ask them what my Default SMTP info is for my site URL. They have been arguing with me and every time they claim to have fixed it in about 2 seconds and they have not. They think it works because the Put Server address in ACP/Config/Email settings to Localhost. When they register on my site, they use a siteground Mail address (which is my hosting company of site) and they get a confirmation email. When anyone else who has a normal email address like comcast, gmail, yahoo, the person registering will not get an email after the time of registration. It says its coming but it does not.

Is there a way to check ports in scripts?
Should I have admin email set same as SMTP username? Does it matter?

Local mail checked or no.

I have a username and pw for smtp but Is there a trick I'm over looking? or a Detail I missing?

Any idea's?

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Sorry I see I put this in wrong section of forums for support, trying to move but don't see how..

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:26 am

I have personally never used smtp before. If Helter or another user don't come along soon and give a good answer, I'll see what I can do as far as testing goes. I have a couple sites setup and running that I can try and setup SMTP on and get it to work. If I get an answer I'll come back and give you my thoughts.

Take care!
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:59 am

Roger thanks for the post back, all I really care about is a user that registers to be able to activate themselves. If there's another way to achieve this, I'm happy. Me activating accounts is a pain and I can't allow no activation or I seem to get spam...

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Helter » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:03 pm

recently ran into a similar problem for another member. long story short, his admin address was a gmail account and he was using his webserver smtp server. For reasons we never figured out it stopped working. I'm sure there are several solutions, but the one that worked for him was to use his gmail address as the servers email address and use Google's own free smtp server. I'm by no means an email expert so I clung to the first working option
http://kb.siteground.com/google_free_smtp_server/
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:28 am

I believe i tried that, I may not be understanding you fully Helter

I put smtp.gmail.com as sever address
Put my gmail user name Email account in as username
and pw for my gmail account as password?

I have tried this many times and can not seem to get it working. I also went on your siteground link and when I read it I get confused but I went into email account settings to see if I could configure the smtp to a gmail smtp, if thats what you ment?

I could not change smtp setting with in mail server provided by siteground...

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Helter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:31 am

I did a test on your ip and got this warning

Test: SMTP Reverse DNS Mismatch
Result: Warning - Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

Test: SMTP Banner Check
Result: OK - 181.224.138.116 resolves to ip-181-224-138-116.siteground.com
Test: SMTP TLS
Result: OK - Supports TLS.
Test: SMTP Connection Time
Result: 0.674 seconds - Good on Connection time
Test: SMTP Open Relay
Result: OK - Not an open relay.
Test: SMTP Transaction Time
Result: 2.788 seconds - Good on Transaction Time

More Information About Smtp Reverse Dns Mismatch

The forward lookup (A) of the hostname hostname did not match the reverse lookup (PTR) for the IP Address.
Example of a correctly matching pair of records:
(A) lookup for smtp.mxtoolbox.com resolves to 208.123.79.38
(PTR) lookup for 208.123.79.38 reverses to smtp.mxtoolbox.com

Additional Information

Some receiving mail servers may use this as an indication of a possible spam source in a scoring system. Most will not reject incoming mail solely on this basis. We recommend that you contact your ISP and ask them to setup a reverse record (PTR) that matches the hostname of your mail server.
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:17 am

my Internet service Provider or the Company that host my web site? How could my personal internet provider for my Home network control a SMTP on a site that has nothing to do with them? All this stuff confuses me a lot. LOL why cant anything be easy. So my personal home internet is provided by comcast, thats who I ask to do that. I'm not even sure who my mail server is anymore? Gmail which is what I was trying to set it up with or sitegrounds email which they provide with hosting site?

I know whats going to happen, they will ask me all these technical questions and I will have no idea...

You gotta talk to me like I'm a noob Helter and use noob terms because I only know basics, lol

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Helter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:14 pm

thats your website ip so it would be your web host
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:38 pm

tried a couple different things, still no go. I have one more thing to try but IM mentally exhausted from this issue.

On another note, Were are downloads for 141 templates. I cant seem to find downloads on this site anymore?

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Schnulli-de » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:20 am

Hi there,
here on our "site" all works pretty fine ( http://www.integramod.de , its a dev server and site)
dont wonder if you get in trouble lately, dont you heard abt the fact that Microsoft killed and denied access to ALOOOOOT Certificates?? Dont you heard it? Get informed !
and... an relay is an relay.... working on and with an relay means you need trusted "networks and domains" and this configured in white-list-server-sided
eMail Tranfer over relayed Sites is been haten since a while and blocked.... if your Provider is not smart enough to write a white list with relay accepted Sites and domains.
Forget about gmail, it sucks lately, we moved all to our OWN mail servers

-> Template Downloads, most of them need to be rewritten, if you like start to help, or Donate us... we all have Bills to pay and a small time-frame of free space to do all this anymore.

regards to ya @all
Translation to German is going on now

SN
Schnulli-de
Translation Team
Translation Team

PostAuthor: Helter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:50 am

Skell777 wrote:tried a couple different things, still no go. I have one more thing to try but IM mentally exhausted from this issue.

On another note, Were are downloads for 141 templates. I cant seem to find downloads on this site anymore?

Mike was building a our own download mod but has abandoned it for now. You can find the downloads on the old site because I never got around to transferring them.
http://www.integramod.com/forum-
Please not that posts made to the old site are not read
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Bringing this back up Helter, months later. I still have not go this resolved, last time I got frustrated and gave up but its a new year and still would love to get the smtp working so my site registered users can verify their own accounts.

I think we have narrowed the problem down further. I do have all correct info in ACP for User name and Pass ect under SMTP info. After working with my web site provider they have help narrowed it down to header within this code. Helter do you see anything wrong within this script or is there a way you could take a look at it for me and see if this is correct? Thanks...

This is response with link to script provided from tech support of my site and mail hosting company......

"I have checked the case in details and the issue is caused by the following script:

/home/kingdo03/public_html/profile.php

The issue consists in the fact the script is sending two headers instead of one or none at all.

I have checked the file and there are a few strings that are referring to the headers:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/08f44cjwa5

However I am not able to provide you with the exact information which string is causing the issue and how it has to be configured.

My advice is to contact the application support team and to post a thread for the issue, another alternative would be to contact a professional developer provide that would be able to assists you configuring the script."

Skell777
Members
Members

PostAuthor: Skell777 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:49 am

also let me add more information they may help... This is an error message I get to my mail email account when any user try to register on site...

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

beck.skel@comcast.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host outbound.mailspamprotection.com [96.127.176.250]:
550 Messages should have one or no To headers, not 2.

Skell777
Members
Members

Next

Return to IM Portal Support Forum